Head & neck cancers
MRD tests like RaDaR have shown utility across the cancer care continuum for patients with head and neck cancers.
RaDaR applicability in head & neck cancers
- Risk stratification: How likely is it for your patient to recur? Positive ctDNA result can mean your patient is at high risk of recurrence
- Adjuvant decision-making: Should your patient receive adjuvant therapy after curative-intent treatment, such as surgery?
- Recurrence surveillance: Regular monitoring with ctDNA may indicate tumor recurrence, often before imaging results
Clinical support for ctDNA surveillance in head & neck cancer
RISK ASSESSMENT AND SURVEILLANCE IN HEAD & NECK CANCERS
Despite improvements in treatments for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), many patients with HPV-negative HNSCC develop disease recurrence, and fewer than 50% of patients will survive beyond five years.1 There is a clear need for more effective tools to help better stratify and monitor patients.
The LIONESS study evaluated the ability of RaDaR to detect MRD in patients with HPV-negative HNSCC after surgery. RaDaR proved to be an excellent marker of residual disease and early recurrence.
- Patients with ctDNA detected any time after surgery were significantly more likely to recur than patients remaining ctDNA-negative
- RaDaR detected recurrence ahead of imaging in 100% of patients experiencing a confirmed recurrence with a median lead time of 5.1 months
Reference: 1. Flach S, et al. Br J Cancer. 2022;136:1186-1195.
RaDaR has been carefully designed to help you detect tumor DNA in the blood with exceptional sensitivity and specificity
- Increased accuracy with a tumor-informed, personalized panel design: RaDaR sequencing assays monitor up to 48 tumor-specific mutations, unique to each patient’s tumor, to help detect circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA)
- Earlier detection with high sensitivity: RaDaR can detect extremely low levels of ctDNA in the blood, with a demonstrated LoD95 = 0.001% VAF. This can give additional time for important treatment management decisions
- Fewer false positives with high specificity: RaDaR has a demonstrated analytical specificity of 100% in validation studies, giving you the confidence that comes from having more reliable results
NeoGenomics has been supporting oncologists and pathologists in their goal to provide patients with the best care possible since 2002.
LoD95 = limit of detection, working at a confidence of 95%; VAF = variant allele fraction.
NeoGenomics prides itself on its unparalleled customer support team. If you have questions regarding test information, specimen requirements, turnaround times, test add-on, and test results, please feel free to reach out to a Client Services Advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.776.5907, option 3.
Online Ordering streamlines and simplifies your test-ordering process into a single time-saving, easy-to-use experience.
Complete a RaDaR test requisition form.
New to NeoGenomics? Call the NeoGenomics Client Services team at 866.776.5907 and press 3 to set up an account.
Contact us to order a RaDaR test.